Annons:
Etikettdaglig-dharma
Läst 717 ggr
Fredrik1
11/25/16, 12:01 AM

Daily Dharma 25 november,2016

"Again and again, he - His Holiness the Dalai Lama - stressed the powers of the mind. When one foreigner asked him about how to teach the power of listening, he reminded the questioner that Buddhists don’t believe in getting some lesson from another person. “As the Buddha said, `You are your own master.’ “ At another point, he cited a saying in Tibetan: “Wisdom from hearing, wisdom from thinking, wisdom from meditation.” Asked how he remains happy, His Holiness said, simply, “By meditating on compassion, and on emptiness. Sometimes I can be sad, but I meditate on emptiness and compassion, and tears of joy begin to flow. The hairs stand up on my arm.” Real joy doesn’t come from sensory experience, which doesn’t last, but from training of the mind. Music, for example, makes us happy while it’s playing. And then it stops and our happiness fades. But the kind of joy that comes from meditating on emptiness need never die." His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama Text from http://www.dalailama.com/news/post/1491-the-inner-diamond-ring

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"   H.H Dalai Lama

Annons:
Upp till toppen
Annons: