Annons:
Etikettbuddhismlärare
Läst 886 ggr
Fredrik1
3/31/17, 10:42 AM

Lama Yeshe in Memoriam

"Lama Thubten Yeshe (1935–1984) was a Tibetan lama who, while exiled in Nepal, co-founded Kopan Monastery (1969) and the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (1975). He followed the Gelug tradition, and was considered unconventional in his teaching style. Lama Yeshe was born near the Tibetan town of Tolung Dechen, but was sent to Sera Monastery in Lhasa at the age of six. He received full ordination at the age of 28 from Kyabje Ling Rinpoche. Jeffrey Paine reports that Lama Yeshe deliberately refused the geshe degree, despite having studied for it: Many years later, when pressed why he had shunned this prestigious degree, he would laugh: "And be Geshe Yeshe?" "Lama Yeshe died 20 minutes before dawn on the first day of Losar, the Tibetan New Year, and was cremated at the Vajrapani Institute in Boulder Creek, California,[8] where there is a stupa honoring him. In 1986 his reincarnation was identified in the person of a Spanish boy, Ösel Hita Torres, who is now known as Tenzin Ösel Hita (b. 1985). This makes Yeshe the first in a line of tulkus. After spending his childhood and youth in Nepal receiving a traditional education for a Gelugpa tulku, Ösel subsequently chose to attend a western secondary boarding school in Canada and is currently a filmmaker in Spain. He has expressed discomfort with others' expectations as to his role in life and is committed to spiritual discovery in a post-modern context, as are other young tulkus, in particular Ösel Hita's close friend, the 23rd Gomo Tulku." Läs hela artikeln här: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thubten_Yeshe

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"   H.H Dalai Lama

Annons:
Fredrik1
3/31/17, 10:44 AM

Video med Lama Ösel, Lama Yeshes senaste reincarnation.

Fredrik1
3/31/17, 10:45 AM

Lama Ösel Hita berättar om sitt liv. Del 1.

Fredrik1
3/31/17, 10:46 AM

Del 2.

Fredrik1
10/21/17, 9:42 PM

Ven. Robina Courtin: "I left Tushita Meditation Centre yesterday, now in Kathmandu, ready for our annual pilgrimage to the places where Lord Buddha laid his holy feet. This is about my 12th - not bored yet! To my left in the group is Renato, who kindly led the meditations. In the photo of the nuns, Vens. Aileen and Honu are to my right and Marissa from Canada on the left. Our course was on Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s book about how to help the dying and the dead. I always love to see the Vajrasattva statue in the dedicated gompa here that Rinpoche commissioned years ago in the likeness of Lama Yeshe, helping us to get to understand the reality that the Buddha is the guru. As Pabongka Rinpoche says, “If the guru is not the Buddha, who is?” In Rinpoche’s book there is talk about Lama and how he passed away. Here’s the extraordinary letter that Lama wrote his heart brother, Geshe Jampa Wangdu, whom Rinpoche also mentions, while Lama was sick in Delhi, a few months before he passed away, in March 1984. A LETTER WRITTEN BY LAMA THUBTEN YESHE TO VEN. GESHE JAMPA WANGDU, IN APPROXIMATELY DECEMBER 1983 IN NEW DELHI, WHEN LAMA WAS VERY ILL. LAMA PASSED AWAY IN MARCH 1984 Mindful of our root guru unequaled in kindness, king of great bliss, Heruka of the body mandala, crown ornament of the holders of the practice lineage of Ganden, I here pay homage to Trijang Dorje Chang and in doing so reply to your series of advises my spiritual brother, Ven. Jampa Wangdu, which you sent with such great affection. I will avoid exaggerations and will write a reply reflecting the nature of illusion-like dependent arising. Due to my right and left channels being filled with the violent movement of thought-winds and overflowing out of control beyond the capacity of my ordinary heart to cope with, and in order to safeguard myself from this, I was forced to place this “difficult to find body of leisure and endowments” in the hands of a strange doctor. Upon examining me for half an hour, he advised that I must definitely go into the intensive-care unit of the hospital. Believing that this was the case, I asked him to protect my life. Never have I known the experiences and sufferings that then followed. First, unending injections throughout the day and night. Second, because the capacity of my heart to pump oxygen was impaired and in order to breathe, I used an oxygen tank from which a rubber tube ran to my nose. This was never disconnected and caused me great discomfort. Third, I had to constantly take medicine day and night, sometimes more than ten pills at a time. Due to this medication my mind was powerlessly overcome with pain every two hours and my memory degenerated. Food lost its taste, I was given only salt- less, Indian style food, I had no appetite for more than a month, and whatever food I did eat I threw up and suffered. Some days I could not do my commitments. My brother, Thubten Tsering, came to see me. I asked him to recite the self-generation of the body mandala and self -entry and listened with great effort. Often, in my mind’s confusion my speech would become garbled and I would laugh at myself and then become sad. I experienced and understood the confused mind even in regards to merely this. It is extremely difficult to maintain control without becoming confused during the stages of death when the four inner elements are being absorbed. It was at this time that I felt the power of my mind degenerating. When I tried to think about different things and ideas, my mind became confused. These experiences I am relating to you my pure-pledged, spiritual brother. Keep them secret from the hardheaded logicians. My ability to recite prayers of ordinary words degenerated and, after considering what to do, I did stabilizing meditation with strong mindfulness and introspection. By the power of this there arose clarity of mind. Within this state I continued stabilizing meditation with great effort and this was of much benefit, though the enemy of lethargy often overcame my meditation. I was reminded of the time my spiritual brother and I received the oral transmission, listening to the so-called precepts of the skilful Ensapa tradition at Tsechogling Monastery, from our root guru possessing the three kindnesses. During this period I received hundreds of letters but was not allowed to read them. My holy spiritual brother, through reading your series of advices I developed immeasurable joy and happiness in my mind. The strength of my mind increased and my problems lessened and ceased. I will write here in verse the essence of the series of advices of my heart-jewel, spiritual brother. Practice and meditate mind training: The sole remedy alleviating unwanted sufferings, The main object of cultivation Of really awe-inspiring retreaters, The path traveled by the great meditators of the three times, You need a happy mind, a conscientious mind, An open mind. Especially you must cultivate the precept Of transforming bad circumstances-- The experience of unwanted sufferings-- Into the path. Take into your heart the sufferings Of mother sentient beings And again and again give away your merit And happiness to them. Transform the ripening results Within the beings and the environment And unfavorable circumstances Into a pathway leading to enlightenment. Live contemplating just this--mind training My mind has found peace through these and the other advices of my heart-jewel, spiritual brother. I request you, Venerable Jampa Wangdu, to be my Dharma friend all of my life. In order that my three doors may never be separated from the holy path, I will ever hold fast to the greatness of mind training. The five degenerations are flourishing and the Dharmas of hearing, thinking, and meditating have become the causes of ignorance, hatred, and attachment to this life. It is very rare to make these leisures and endowments meaningful through the practice of the five powers, the essence of all Dharmas. We two and all mother sentient beings, although desiring happiness, are confused about the means of finding it and thus are continually tortured by the three sufferings. Seeing this, may we generate the realization of the equality of self and others. It has been forty-one days since I become ill. The condition of my body is such that I have become the lord of a cemetery; my mind is like that of an anti-god and my speech like the barking of an old, mad dog. I still take sixteen pills a day and because I must depend upon others for moving about and sleeping, and because my hand shakes when I write, read my letter depending upon the meanings intended and not upon the mere words written. Translated by Gelong Jampa Gendun and Gelong Lobsang Jordan." https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1490745060980236&id=252477768140311

Fredrik1
3/6/18, 5:15 PM

Ven. Thubten Chodron berättar om Lama Yeshe.

Fredrik1
8/7/19, 9:51 AM

Video dokumentär om Lama Yeshe.

Annons:
Upp till toppen
Annons: