Annons:
Etikettengagerad-buddhism
Läst 564 ggr
Fredrik1
6/6/17, 10:21 PM

Karmapa and leaving Tibet (artikel)

"Karmapa Rinpoche, the head of Karma Kagyu school of Tibetan Buddhism, who is often regarded by international media as the third highest Tibetan lama, said he will return to Tibet and "share the happiness and misery” with Tibetans when the situation would allow him to be of benefit to the Tibetan people. After spending 17 years in exile, Karmapa has said for the first time in public that he had left a written message behind when he escaped for India in 1999. “In it, I wrote ‘I have made many failed efforts to be able to go abroad. Now having no other option, I am doing this way as a final solution. However, in the future if I could be beneficial to Tibet, the Land of Snow, I will return soon,’ that’s what I wrote,” he said, speaking in Tibetan to about 4,000 Tibetans and devotees in Toronto, Canada on Sunday, June 4. He had previously said that the Chinese authorities had turned down his multiple requests to travel to India before his escape. When Karmapa, then 14 year-old, met with the Dalai Lama in Dharamsala, North India for the first time on January 5, 2000, he reportedly told Tibet's spiritual leader that he came to India because he could not serve the Tibetan people in Tibet under the current circumstances." Läs hela artikeln och lyssna på intervju här: https://www.voatibetanenglish.com/a/3887942.html

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"   H.H Dalai Lama

Annons:
Upp till toppen
Annons: