Annons:
Etikettbuddhism-högtider
Läst 1352 ggr
Fredrik1
2017-11-08 16:29

Lhabab Duchen 10 november 2017

Från Ven. Thubten Chodron, Sravasti Abbey: "Lhabab Duchen a day for creating virtue Merit created on this day is multiplied 100 million times Lhabab Duchen celebrates the Buddha's return to earth after teaching the Dharma to his mother in the God Realm of the Thirty-Three. Ven. Thubten Chodron gave the following short teaching to help us appreciate the Buddha’s kindness. "The Buddha went to the god realm for three months to repay the kindness of his birth mother by teaching her the Dharma. At the end of that time, he was asked to please return to our earth again, so the anniversary of the day on which he descended is a very joyous occasion. "When a Buddha is here on the earth in the nirmanakya form—a Buddha who turns the wheel of Dharma and sets the Dharma in motion in a historical era—it's a time of incredible fortune. "People had tremendous merit to be born at the time of the Buddha. In our case, although we didn't have the fortune to be born at that time, we have the fortune to receive Buddha's teachings from a pure lineage that goes back to him. "Lhabab Duchen is a time of thinking with gratitude of the kindness of the Buddha for being on this planet and teaching the Dharma to us. Where would we be without the Buddha manifesting and teaching? "There are so many places in this universe where the Dharma doesn't exist and times when the teachings aren't present. If you're born in that kind of place, you might have incredible spiritual longing and absolutely no opportunity to meet the Dharma. "So reflect, 'If I hadn't met the Dharma, where would I be? What would my life be like?' "I don't know about you, but my life would have been a total mess. I would have harmed many people acting out of my self-centeredness, and I would definitely have created much negative Karma! Meeting the Buddha's teachings has completely reversed my life, and I assume yours as well. "Lhabab Duchen is a good time to feel gratitude to Buddha for what he did, and to the whole lineage of teachers down to our own teachers, who preserved these teachings so that we could come into contact with them. "It's a time to rejoice at our meeting the Dharma, to have a deep sense of gratitude for the Buddha and his teachings, and to be sure that we don't take the teachings for granted." Rejoice and take the opportunity to help create peace in this chaotic world How to make merit on Lhabab Duchen: ♥ Watch Ven. Chodron's short 2014 talk on Lhabab Duchen and repaying the kindness of our parents. (Se video) ♥ Take and keep the Eight Mahayana Precepts for 24 hours. http://thubtenchodron.org/2011/06/taking-one-day-vows/ ♥ Do the Shakyamuni Buddha meditation, either guiding yourself or listening to a meditation guided by Ven. Chodron. http://thubtenchodron.org/1993/02/guided-meditation/ ♥ Read or watch Ven. Chodron's teaching on taking refuge in the Three Jewels. http://thubtenchodron.org/2013/11/right-practice-buddha-dharma-sangha/ ♥ Make special offerings to the Three Jewels and do the extensive offering practice. ♥ Make special offerings to your teachers, Dharma center, or monasteries. Click here to include the Abbey in your offerings. "

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"   H.H Dalai Lama

Annons:
Fredrik1
2017-11-10 11:07

Happy Lhabab Duchen!

Fredrik1
2017-11-10 13:15

Happy Lha Bab Duchen! Lha Bab Düchen (Wyl. lha babs dus chen), the 'Festival of the Descent from Heaven' — one of the four major Buddhist holidays. It occurs on the 22nd day of the ninth Tibetan month. Buddha’s mother Mayadevi was reborn in Indra’s heaven. To repay her kindness and to liberate her, and also to benefit the gods, Buddha spent three months teachings in the realm of the gods. When he was about to return to this world, Indra and Brahma manifested three stairs of 80,000 yojanas each reaching this world in Sankisa. As the Buddha walked down the central one, they accompanied him to his left and right carrying umbrellas to honour him. He descended to earth in Sankisa, which is located in modern Uttar Pradesh, and which is counted among the eight holy places. (Source: Rigpa Wiki)

Upp till toppen
Annons: