Annons:
Etikettdharma-texter
Läst 1137 ggr
Fredrik1
1/13/18, 3:46 PM

Adding dry wood to the fire (t)

"When Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche came out of Tibet, he went to Kolkata where he chose to live on the streets as a beggar among the homeless sadhus. He chose to practice in a difficult way, in the midst of suffering, without the protection of clothing, shelter, or regular meals, without the protection that his own reputation afforded. We call this kind of practice “adding dry wood to the fire.” First we develop an unwaver ing realization, and then we intentionally add obstacles and difficult circumstances to make our realization burn even hotter. If I had seen Khen Rinpoche then, dirty and almost naked, with long matted hair, I cannot say that I would have recognized his enlightened qualities. If we do not have pure perception, even the Buddha himself will not appear to us. If we have devotion and pure perception, we can progress rapidly on our path with a pure teacher who might be only a few steps ahead of us, but can still aid the process of realization through pure perception." Venerable Mingyur Rinpoche https://m.facebook.com/groups/1642492939333181?view=permalink&id=1953293048253167

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"   H.H Dalai Lama

Annons:
Upp till toppen
Annons: