Annons:
Etiketttibetansk-buddhism
Läst 1111 ggr
Fredrik1
2018-03-09 12:53

Special message from H.H Karmapa (v)

His Holiness the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa undervisar.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"   H.H Dalai Lama

Annons:
Fredrik1
2018-03-16 21:23

"Last week, the 17th Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje delivered a “special message” to the audience of the 35th Kagyu Monlam Chenmo, the seven-day prayer ceremony held annually in Bodh Gaya, India. The head of the Karma Kagyu lineage of Tibetan Buddhism shared the struggles he has long dealt with in his role as the Karmapa, and expressed his wishes to dissolve the rifts and disagreements within the Kamtsang Kagyu lineage. He delivered the message via live webcast from the United States, where he has resided for the past six months due to health concerns. “I don’t have any reasons or any basis to say that I’m the reincarnation of any great lama,” said the Karmapa. “Since I’m an ordinary person, I have to put in incredible effort… But, no matter how much effort I make, it’s never enough,” he said. He expressed that many people believe that being the Karmapa is “some incredible thing.” “For me, that hasn’t happened,” he said. Ogyen Trinley Dorje was recognized as the Karmapa at the age of seven. In his message, he shared that it was difficult to transition from being “a little boy who didn’t really understand what a Karmapa is… to being put on the Karmapa’s throne, and gradually having to take the responsibilities that entails.” The Karmapa shared his dissatisfaction with the education he received while growing up in Tibet at Tsurphu Monastery, and in India, where he fled at 14-years-old, escaping Chinese control. “I was just a little boy,” he said. “All the people around me were adults. So I had to do whatever they told me to and I couldn’t say what I needed to do.” “The people who advised me, even though they definitely had pure motivation, there was none who was able to guide me — who was a hundred percent reliable.” “In terms of my education,” he said, “there were many gaps.” Ogyen Trinley Dorje is one of two claimants of the title of the 17th Karmapa. When the 16th Karmapa Rangjung Rigpe Dorje died in 1981, two different successors were identified by two separate lineage holders, Shamar Rinpoche and Tai Situ Rinpoche; it was the latter who recognized Ogyen Trinley Dorje. This has caused a “great rift” within the tradition ever since, the Karmapa said. He acknowledged this divide and expressed his wishes to reconcile it." https://www.lionsroar.com/karmapa-shares-personal-struggles-calls-for-reconciliation-in-his-community/?utm_content=bufferb9bac&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"   H.H Dalai Lama

Upp till toppen
Annons: