Annons:
Etikettdaglig-dharma
Läst 509 ggr
Fredrik1
2019-02-15 00:01

Daily Dharma 15 februari, 2019

"If we see pride among people who have no idea about Dharma, it is understandable. However, if afflictive emotions and haughtiness are present among Dharma practitioners, it is great disgrace to practice "Although individuals may be highly intelligent, they are sometimes dogged by skepticism and doubts. They are clever, but they tend to be hesitant and skeptical and are never really able to settle down. These people are the least receptive. I think that there is a very close connection between humility and patience. Humility involves having the capacity to take a more confrontational stance, having the capacity to retaliate if you wish, yet deliberately deciding not to do so. That is what I would call genuine humility. I think that true tolerance or patience has a component or element of self-discipline and restraint--the realization that you could have acted otherwise, you could have adopted a more aggressive approach, but decided not to do so. On the other hand, being forced to adopt a certain passive response out of a feeling of helplessness or incapacitation--that I wouldn't call genuine humility. That may be a kind of meekness, but it isn't genuine tolerance". ~Dalai Lama, "The Art of Happiness https://www.facebook.com/147244568659059/posts/2446445108738982/

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"   H.H Dalai Lama

Annons:
Upp till toppen
Annons: