Annons:
Etikettengagerad-buddhism
Läst 254 ggr
Fredrik1
2019-07-26 09:35

Dalai Lama: I will be reborn in India

HOMEINTERNATIONALI WILL BE REBORN "Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama celebrated his 84th birthday. Three months ago he completed his 60 years of exile in India. A lot of water has flown through Brahmaputra, locally known as Tsangpo in Tibet, since this monk ruler escaped from his China occupied country in March 1959 to save his life from the Peoples Liberation Army that crushed the Tibetan uprising at a cost of over 80 thousand Tibetan lives (as per UN documents). In the meanwhile China has emerged as a military and economic super power and has successfully converted its newest colony into a fortress with a huge network of cantonments, airbases and nuclear stations in addition to a flood of Han settlers who have already outnumbered the ethnic Tibetan population. Even if Dalai Lama’s ‘government in exile’ at Dharamshala has yet to get its first recognition from any world government, yet Chinese rulers expose their helpless vulnerability on the faintest mention of word ‘Dalai Lama’ or ‘Tibet’ in any world forum or capital. In their over enthusiasm to stamp their final control over Tibet by installing the next incarnation of current Dalai Lama, Beijing’s two religious search committees, each headed by a senior communist leader, have already completed two dry runs by identifying the new reincarnations of Panchen Lama and the Karma Pa over past two decades. They have made innumerable attempts to woo the Dalai Lama to return and settle in Beijing to give the moral and political legitimacy to China’s rule over Tibet that Beijing misses miserably. Vijay Kranti, a senior journalist, Tibetologist and photographer, has been frequently meeting and interviewing Dalai Lama over past 47 years since 1972 to write about his opinion on various issues related to Tibet, religion, philosophy and Dalai Lama himself. On the Tibetan leader’s 84th birthday he presents an assortment of his questions and answers on some issues which present the Dalai Lama’s thinking about himself and his experience as a refugee over past six decades. For obvious reasons, a few answers reflect his opinion that has evolved differently over this long period. Vijay Kranti : How your life as a refugee has affected you personally? Dalai Lama : Generally speaking, these years have been a sad period. For the Tibetan nation as a whole this is the darkest period in history. But then difficulties and problems also help you come closer to reality. They also increase your inner strength. If China had not occupied Tibet then I might have been living in comfort. In that case I may have been a superficial Dalai Lama. You see, Tibetans never had as many photographs of previous Dalai Lamas as they have of this Dalai Lama. And none of the previous Dalai lamas were ever interviewed by the B.B.C. or the international press. Who did it for me? The Chinese government! So don’t you think I should be thankful to them (laughs)…. That is why the present Dalai Lama has become the most needed, most pivotal personality. But also the saddest Dalai Lama ever." Läs hela den intressanta artikeln här: https://www.newsintervention.com/i-will-be-reborn-in-india-dalai-lama-tells-vijay-kranti/

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible"   H.H Dalai Lama

Annons:
Upp till toppen
Annons: